Biodiesel is a non-toxic and renewable fuel made from vegetable oil (new or used) or animal fat (saturated oils/fat). It is an environmentally friendly replacement for, or additive to, diesel fuel. When compared to petro-diesel, Biodiesel demonstrates many distinct advantages over it's diminshing and toxic cousin.
1. No major engine modifications are needed to use biodiesel.
2. Does not require special storage or fuel dispensing facilities.
3. Reduces toxic exhaust emissions related to Sulphur, hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, aromatics and particulate matter.
4. Enhanced engine lubrication over ultra low-Sulphur diesel fuel.
5. Excellent biodegradability characteristics
6. Superior OH&S characteristics; low toxicity and high flashpoint.
7. Renewable, and qualifies as Carbon Neutral.
8. Contributes to the National economy by stimulating domestic economic growth, and reducing the flow of capital offshore.
9. Contributes to the conservation of Australia's diminishing fossil fuel resources
10. Increases National Security by reducing the dependence on imports from potentially hostile areas.